GRACE HISTORY

Grace Church was dedicated in 1820 when Harrisburg still had dirt roads and itinerant preachers. In 1897 when he Capital building burned down, Harrisburg almost lost its status as the capital city of Pennsylvania. The legislature wanted to move the government to Philadelphia. Grace Church offered their sanctuary for the legislature official use. All religious items and furnishings were removed, replace by desks, chairs and spittoons. They met here for over 5 months.

HISTORICAL ARTIFACTS

VISIT US

216 State St.

Harrisburg, PA 17101

CALL

Tel: 717-238-6739

Fax: 717-230-9884

  • Wix Facebook page
Italian Marble

The Italian marble pulpit, lectern, baptismal and alter have intricate antique wood carvings and mosaic inlays of Tiffany Glass. Donated in the early 1900's.