GRACE HISTORY

Grace Church was dedicated in 1820 when Harrisburg still had dirt roads and itinerant preachers. In 1897 when he Capital building burned down, Harrisburg almost lost its status as the capital city of Pennsylvania. The legislature wanted to move the government to Philadelphia. Grace Church offered their sanctuary for the legislature official use. All religious items and furnishings were removed, replace by desks, chairs and spittoons. They met here for over 5 months.

HISTORICAL ARTIFACTS

VISIT US

216 State St.

Harrisburg, PA 17101

CALL

Tel: 717-238-6739

Fax: 717-230-9884

  • Wix Facebook page
Tiffany Glass

Above the back balcony is “The Ascension” window made out of Tiffany glass. This was donated in 1903 by John Irving Beggs in loving memory of his wife, Sue Elizabeth Beggs.